This is great way to use up leftover chicken or turkey. It is my go to when I have chicken from chicken soup that I need to use. A combination of crunchy and sweet ingredients that is like a party for your tastebuds.
Super easy to toss together. Just combine all your ingredients in a bowl, add your mayo and mix.
And your chicken salad is ready to go. Great served up on a piece of toasted sourdough or rye. You could pack for lunch and eat with some pretzel crisps or pita chips.
Not your Chicken Salad
- 4 cups cooked chicken diced
- ⅔ cup apple, diced into small pieced
- ⅔ cup red seedless grapes, quartered or cut into ⅛th if the grapes are large
- ½ cup celery, diced into small pieces
- ½ cup yellow or sweet onion, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup dill relish ok to sub for minced dill pickle
- 2 teaspoons dried dill or sub 1 tablespoon fresh
- ½ - ⅔ cup mayo I use light mayo
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix everything except the mayo into a large bowl.
- Start with the lesser amount of mayo and add more as needed. Add any salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy right away, or store in an airtight container until ready to use. Can make it a day ahead.