There are a few recipes that called for a Cajun spice mix. My family likes lots of flavors but does not tolerate spicy (heat) well. So I usually mix up my own Cajun blend so I can control how much heat goes into it.
Also, it is usually less expensive to mix up your own blends.
Feel free to adjust to your personal tastes. This blend is great in Red Beans & Rice. Enjoy.
Cajun Spice Mix
You can mix up your own cajun spice mix with spices you already have in your pantry. I make up a big batch and store it in a repurposed spice jar until it is needed.
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 5 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2½ teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper add more to increase the spiciness
- Mix everything well. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
1 thought on “Cajun Spice Mix”
Comments are closed.