Want something easy to toss together that you can add to you cookie basket. Insert pretzel turtles. My friend Ginger had these at her Christmas party and I couldn’t stop eating them. I had no idea how simple they were, they taste so good.
Put your pretzels and rolo candies onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake in the oven just until the candy is softened. The chocolate will look a bit shiny.
Squash the chocolates with the pecan half.
Slide the parchment onto the counter to cool and make more, you will need them.
It is ok to sneak a few while they are still warm. As the chef it is your prerogative to quality test them.
Yes, it is that easy. My eight year old loved helping to squish the chocolate with the pecans.
- mini pretzel twists or squares
- rolo candies, unwrapped
- pecan halves
- Heat oven to 250 °F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- Place the desired number of pretzels onto the prepared baking sheet and top with one Rolo candy.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes until the candy has softened.
- Press the pecan half onto the softened Rolo candy, and allow to cool completely
- Store in an airtight container at room tempreature.