A delicious twist on a well-loved recipe. This version of banana bread is highly requested in my house. The Nutella adds depth to the bread that you just don’t expect.
Swirls of Nutella are nestled into the banana goodness creating a delicious crispy top to the banana bread.
Nutella Banana Bread
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed will end up to be 1 ½ - 1 ¾ cups mashed banana
- ¾ cup sugar (5.25 oz)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (8.5 oz)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt or sub 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 6 tablespoons Nutella, divided see tip below
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper and spray the parchment with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together the mashed banana, sugar, oil, and vanilla. Gently stir the dry ingredients into the banana mixture until all the flour is incorporated.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Dot 3 tablespoons of the Nutella on top of the batter in the loaf pan. Using a knife or chopstick, cut through the Nutella, swirling it into the batter. Don't overdo it, you are not trying to mix it in. No need to be too precise, you will only see this layer in a cross-section when you cut into the bread.
- Pour the remaining batter evenly into the pan and dot with the remaining 3 tablespoons of Nutella. I try to divide the 3 tablespoons of Nutella into 4-5 stripes on the top to make the swirl pattern a bit better looking.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes until a wooden stick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out free of batter. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then use the parchment as a sling to lift the bread out of the pan. Allow the bread to cool completely for cleaner slices.