A quick and easy make-ahead recipe that works amazingly for a potluck, picnic, BBQ, or just a quick lunch. Perfect to pack in the cooler for a stress-free (and dishes lite) meal on a camping trip. This is a favorite recipe for me because it works equally well as a side dish or as a main course.
I often make this when I know that I will have a busy week and I will need something for a quick lunch or diner. Going to get home late from kids’ sports on a weeknight? Bam. Dinner on the table in 90 seconds from when you walk in the door. It keeps well for 2-3 days and is great to eat straight out of the fridge.
Packed with crunchy vegetables and lots of flavors, this is great to make with regular cheese tortellini or mix it up with different types of fillings or pasta colors. I like to use a mixture of yellow and red tomatoes for a bit of flair. Use whatever is on sale, or what your garden is growing.
Greek Tortellini Salad
- 1 (20 oz) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half I think a mix of red and yellow looks nice
- 1-1½ cups cucumber cut into pieces (about 1 large)
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives cut in half
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1½ cups crumbled feta cheese (6 oz container)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions. Drain the tortellini and immediately rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Place the tortellini in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, onion, and feta cheese.
- In a glass measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix until well coated. You can serve immediately or place it into the fridge until ready to serve. It keeps well for 2-3 days.